Friday, August 14, 2015

YouTube Is What MTV Was - Only Better

I wasn't exactly moved by today's VEDA Question: "Who is the first person you remember following on YouTube? Who got you into VEDA?" I think it's okay that I wasn't really turned on by this question though, I expended a lot of energy on yesterday's video. Today was kind of a relief.

This Dollar Tree Barbie wannabe is a great representation of how I feel today.

I didn't even bother answering the second half of the question in the video. This is because I don't have a solid answer. In 2012 I was trying to make this blog into a money making venture and I was trying to figure out how to do that by reading a lot of moderately successful blogs. Someone on one of these blogs was doing VEDA and I thought "Hey! That's a great idea!"


I don't even follow blogs anymore. I am the worst at social networking. It's all I can do to keep up with Facebook. I don't twitter. Well, I do, but that's only when talking to Nick Rhodes is involved.

I digress. The point is that I find it super hard to find the time to read and watch and comment on a lot of blogs/vlogs/videos on a regular basis. I've decided that this is okay. I'm doing the best I can at the moment. I'm of the mind at this time that the blog is not going to make me any money and that I am doing this because it's good for me and that's just fine.

I want to be rich and famous, but I also want to be sane.

Okay, given my origins, I was never sane.

Back to my YouTube history, I have always used the service as a replacement for MTV, only better and with no commercials. This is working out especially well as we approach the release the release of Duran Duran's newest album. I have been listening to their new single "Paper Gods" on repeat since Wednesday. :-)

Speaking of Duran Duran, it hit me a few minutes ago that Paper Gods may very well be their last album. They mentioned in an interview that the reason it took so long to record was because it had to do with "legacy." I hope this is not the case, but on the other hand, I can see where they would want to retire. If it happens, I will be sad, but I will carry on. It will be interesting to see what other projects the members pursue.

While listening to copious amounts of Duran Duran  I have been working on revising some poetry to send in to that contest I mentioned. I am still in the process of revising the short story. Getting published, and getting some credit - these are the things that will bring the money and the fame and the shame of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment