Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Damn the Machine(s)

For the second day in a row, I have been thwarted by the machines. 

We are not amused.

This means that once again, my video is raw and unedited. I am thinking that I will start listening to the "short lived progressive metal" band, Damn the Machine until this audio issue is resolved. At least the camera seems to be cooperating today. Thank heaven for small favors.

Interesting concept for an album cover . . .

My video today was short, sweet, and to the point: If I could only watch one genre of film/tv for the rest of my life, I would only watch documentaries. What I didn't mention in the video is that I generally gravitate toward documentaries anyway. I'm not sure why, but if I am perusing Netflix I will more often than not decide to watch a documentary over a movie of any genre or a television show. I like learning. I grew up watching a lot of PBS. Why not just cut the fat and watch only documentaries?


Of course, if my ultimate goal was to read more, I should have said that I would only watch Kung Fu movies. I'm not a fan of Kung Fu movies at all so there would be an awful lot of time left for reading. Or writing. Or a million other things. Maybe I should resolve next year to only watch Kung Fu movies and see how much I can get done!

In writing news: I spent the day revising 2 pieces I plan to submit by Monday for publication. My eyeballs feel like they are going to grow legs and walk out of my skull, but I am making progress. Yay! Progress! I am at the point where they are either close to being submittable or I am a terrible writer and I should give it up and become a shoe salesman a la Al Bundy. I will let you know which it is at a later date. As it stands, I'm sick of looking at my words, but I am going to stick with it because I am Stanley Motss and I want the credit.

Of course, the machines could continue their plot of ruining my life and all this revision would wind up lost in cyberspace. Let's hope for my sake and that of my adoring public that I can make peace with them soon. I would hate to have to go Office Space on a laptop but if I'm pressed, I'll do it. Try me, laptop. Try me.


No comments:

Post a Comment