Friday, August 28, 2015

You Are Beautiful

Just in case you were wondering:

And so am I.

Why did I do a body positivity video? Well, I've been feeling pretty body positive lately. I've realized that
my body is not out to get me. There are things about it that I will never be able to change and that's okay, because I'm still pretty damn awesome and I look hot. I'm not conceited. I'm just tired of apologizing for, being ashamed of, and blaming my body.

I will always have larger arms than the average woman. I will always have fat rolls in my under arms. I will never have a flat stomach. I will never get rid of my stretch marks. I will always have curves. These things are all okay.

My body is not the enemy.

I, on the other hand, could start treating my body a whole lot better, inside and out - emotionally and physically. I could start putting better things in it, using it more, and taking better care of the exterior. I could also feel confident about it, because that's integral to making all that stuff I just mentioned happen.

I have the ability to eventually run a 5K. I can do push ups. I can already lift more weight than I ever thought I could. I will one day be able to run up three flights of stairs to my house without getting winded. I am on the road to good health, and my body is the thing that is going to get me there. My mind is what stands in my way.

I'm trying to do all this - but I am human and I stumble. I had a fried sandwich and fries for lunch. I messed around and didn't go to the gym yesterday. At this moment, I am moving forward. I will do better. And I will still falter, but hopefully I will falter less as time goes on. This is not about aesthetics, this is about health. I want to feel good more than I want to look good.

I already look good.

I am beautiful.

And whoever you are, dear friends and gentle readers, you are beautiful too.


No comments:

Post a Comment