Monday, August 24, 2015

The Rise of the Machines

I can believe Lou Reed is watching over me if I want to, right?

I have nothing to say about the video topic today and everything to say about the fact that NOTHING WORKS! First, the camera froze up immediately after I made my first video. Then, when I tried to upload said video into Movie Maker, nothing I did could make my audio return. 
"Okay, fine." I thought. "I'll just do the video with the web cam." 

That worked out all fine and well and good until I tried to load the second video into Movie Maker. Again, the audio wasn't there. Just a lot of static. No bueno. So, in the interest of preserving what's left of my sanity and getting the video up before midnight, I give you an unedited piece of garbage. Kind of like yesterday, actually . . . 


I know what's up though. The computer and the camera are in cahoots. They are feeling overworked and they are out to thwart my plans for VEDA success. They've got the Internet in on it too. Why does it only seem to run slowly when I'm trying to upload a video? Because they want me to quit VEDA, that's why. 

Well, I ain't gonna do it.

This is the face of a woman who has realized that the singularity is upon us.
Meanwhile, in other news, I have been revising my brains out. I got up at 4 AM and I have been working on some piece or other more or less ever since. I took That Sprout to a play date today and I spent at least 2 hours on revisions while she played. I am at the point where I want to be done with this. I also want to submit things on Monday, so I must persevere until then.

At least I have a spirit guide. But I feel like I won't be sleeping anytime soon. It's kind of like being back in college! Speaking of which, the topic of MFAs has come up recently and higher learning could be in my future. So, it's not as though I'm doing all this revision for nothing. I am essentially creating my portfolio at the moment.

Also, I have begun working on a professional blog under my name. I plan to launch that brain child on September 1. It is my hope that by presenting a more professional side of myself to the world that I will be able to get some freelance work. I had a really neat idea earlier this evening: I could lead a Young Writers Project in Fayetteville during NaNoWriMo for free and maybe some of those kids would want to join a writing workshop after NaNoWriMo was over. It's worth looking into.

As for my NaNoWriMo, which is now looming on the horizon, I have no idea. I feel very inspired by the early 90s and The West Memphis Three lately, but I haven't got a conflict - just a setting and a tone. I don't even have any characters. None of this is important until after August 31, though. Providing the machines don't kill me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment