Monday, August 10, 2015

Fame and How to Get It

Today's VEDA question, "Would you rather be famous or be friends with someone famous?" was a lot of fun. Of course I would rather be famous! I had briefly considered making this blog all about my quest to acquire fame. I was not kidding when I said that I wanted to go on Jimmy Kimmel and hang out with other celebrities. Especially hang out with other celebrities!


Maybe I would rather be famous because I already act like I am friends with a celebrity (or several) and it seems like no one cares.

Look, Mr. DeMille. You can make with that close-up anytime now.
Yes. I have (semi-)famous friends.

  • There's a model. 
  • A Ph.D. student in biomedical physics (I think?)
  • Several incredible writers some of whom are even published.
  • 2 ballet dancers.
  • A presenter at Comic Con.
  • A leader in the BDSM community.
  • A champion for the disabled.
  • A victims advocate.
  • A Lutheran minister
  • 2 Episcopalian priests.
  • More artists than I can shake a stick at.
  • A museum curator.
  • And one bonafide, IMDB certified, actual movie star.

I love to brag on my famous friends. I think they are all wonderful, talented, and generally fabulous people. But it has yet to get me on Jimmy Kimmel, and by Jove, I want to do the lip-sync battle. None of these wonderful people are making that happen for me. So, I gotta do it for myself.

Uncle Andy has some words of wisdom to lay on us.
Which, incidentally is why this post is short and sweet tonight. I have an essay to revise. I am submitting it to a writer's symposium and it's due by the 22nd. If I'm ever going to be as famous as Truman Capote, I have to start putting myself out there. Take chances and all that. So, until tomorrow Deae Friends and Gentle Readers, I bid you "good evening."

No comments:

Post a Comment