Sunday, December 16, 2012

Trying to Get Back Into the Holiday Spirit

I'm beginning to think
Ebenezer Scrooge had
 the right idea. Source
After the events on Friday and the subsequent silence on the FPN airwaves, I'm now trying to get back into a jolly kind of mood. It's hard. My momentum had already been waning and frankly I don't feel like Christmas right now. I've been hard at work making cookies and confections, decorating, cleaning, and generally being a one woman holiday factory, and I'm tired. There's not enough money and more than that, there's not enough support. No one wants Christmas to happen around here except for me and I really feel like I'm going it alone. I wonder why I even bother. I guess because I have a child, and I want to make it special for her. I want to create memories and family traditions. It just sucks feeling like I'm the only one . . . Still, there is some Christmas spirit left in me. I find myself singing along to "Feed The World" every time I hear it on the radio. Because it seems to be my saving grace at this point in time, it's also our song selection for the 16th day of the FPNEPAC.



Tomorrow, I hope to be back with a renewed Christmas spirit and something compelling to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment