Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tenho Saudade Tuas . . .

I am in a strange mood today. Maybe I have been going full tilt for too long. All I want to do is lay in bed, watch David Lynch movies, listen to Chris Isaak, and daydream about LA while eating Wheat Thins. I don't even like  David Lynch. Maybe I just really miss Florida, I don't know. I want to be somewhere sunny - like Santa Monica or Saint Augustine. Maybe I need a spiritual moment, what with all the saints. I'm going to go light a St. Jude candle now, and daydream about palm trees.

Some day . . . Source
That Sprout is napping which means that when I am finished with this blog post I have a decision to make; Do I lay about or do I clean my kitchen, wash my sheets, and mop?  We all know what the responsible answer is . . .

At some point this afternoon I will be adding the finishing touches to the first ever FishForest Family News and sending it out into the ether. I was very excited about it last week, but today I feel all my enthusiasm has left me. Maybe it's the weather. It's daunting to think we are 2 weeks out from Christmas and I have so much left to do. I feel more on top of things than I have in the past,  but still less prepared than I would like to be. Alas. That's always the way, isn't it?

I dusted off my trumpet last night and played for a while. My embouchure was kind of pathetic, but I am proud to say that I remembered most of the fingerings. I was playing "We Three Kings" fairly well. Since Deep ended yesterday, I was looking for something new to take up my time. I would love to join an adult band, but they appear to be non-existent in my area. I suppose I will just work on improving for now, but it would be nice to be part of something like a band again.


I feel like I have something compelling to add, something pithy to say, but it's just not coming. I am going to leave you with Chris Isaak singing "Christmas on TV", a song that is very much how I feel today.



3 comments:

  1. I was unaware that you had any amount of experience playing trumpet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unaware that she still HAD her trumpet. I still have my clarinet, but sadly, it continues to collect dust. :(

    Reading about you picking up your old instrument and giving it a good dusting off though makes me want to do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I still have my trumpet. Now, if only there were more time in which to play it . . .

      Delete