Monday, December 3, 2012

Today is a Cluster Looking for a Place to Fuck

Today is the last day for revisions in the creative writing workshop I co-teach. We are being observed, and I've just become keenly aware that some of our writers are in need of more than 45 minutes revision time. I have been typing up their work since 6 AM. I am tired, I am hungry, and I am pretty sure I don't have any clean pants. I am in a panic, but I made you, my readers, a promise that you would get a Christmas song, every day, so here I am and here you are:



All I can say right now is that I wish I lived in South Park. If I lived in South Park, there would be a totally unrealistic and over the top solution to my problem. As it stands, I just have to hope that my kids are going to pull it out today and blow my mind with their awesome revisions. Hope is a thing with feathers . . .

2 comments:

  1. When did you start working in this workshop? Does it make you want to get a full time as a teacher? If so, what age level would you shoot for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I began volunteering as a Writing Fellow for the Deep Center in October. Our book release party is this coming Monday and our spring semester starts in February. Exciting. As for teaching, I am going to start my certification training the same day as the workshops, so that's fun. I've always wanted to be a teacher - at least, ever since I gave up my delusions of political grandeur. I hope to teach high school, but middle school wouldn't be so bad. I like the middle schoolers I work with.

      Delete