Monday, August 6, 2012

VEDA 2012 - Day 6 "I Am Afraid Of:"

Today's video is definitely an example of the learning curve. I edited it. Exciting! I did not feel like talking, so I came up with a clever solution. I am tired and I feel as though I will be going non-stop until sometime on Wednesday morning. I had my interview this morning with Deep and I hope to hear whether or not I'll be getting a Fellowship by Wednesday. After the interview, I picked up That Sprout and we headed to the hospital to see our friend and her new born baby. It was a rough delivery, but mom and baby are doing well.

I was talking to my mom this afternoon about the delivery and I learned something I never knew: When my mom delivered my sister (Frank Breech and un-medicated) they put her under as soon as my sister was out. She woke up 8 hours later on a gurney in a hallway right in front of an operating room. They put her there in case they needed to do emergency surgery. Apparently, because of the traumatic birth, she was hemorrhaging and she could have bled to death. I never knew.

Now, I have to go clean my car, do some laundry, start on an extravacasserole, and pack That Sprout an away bag before I go to bed. Then, at 7 am I will be leaving for Florida, only to come back in the same day, blog, vlog, finish the extravacasserole, sleep a little more, and then deliver said extravacasserole to it's final destination Wednesday morning. If I don't drop dead first. More about the extravacasserole tomorrow. I'm out.

3 comments:

  1. Love the method used to list all those and especially love your sense of humor on the last piece of paper.

    Wishing you safe on your long trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. I appreciate the clarification on Spam. I think you achieved something good here with the kind of eerie quality in the quiet that leads us to your final fear. Well done. I do think I saw "Failure" in there twice, though it could have been "Failure" and "Failing".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were afraid of SPAM??

    ReplyDelete