Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This Post Has No Title

I took my cozzerole to the boys this morning, That Sprout in tow. The good news: Everyone loved it! The bad: I never went to sleep last night. I caught a couple of cat naps throughout the day, but I'm looking forward to some real sleep very soon. Before I head off to bed, I want to record for posterity some of the things that happened to me today.

The event that I made the cozzerole for was a pancake breakfast, so when we arrived there were 2 electric griddles set up in an office with 2 women making pancakes. There wasn't a whole lot else to eat - my dish, 2 different types of muffins, apples, oranges, and bananas. The room was very crowded and I had That Sprout in a stroller in order to keep her confined. She does not like to be confined, so I asked j^C if there was anything that she could destroy if I let her out. One of the women making pancakes looks at me and says something about keeping her away from the griddle. I don't know what I was thinking exactly, but I'll bet that my lack of sleep didn't help my attitude about it because I was kind of offended that she was even talking to me. I had not addressed her. I address my husband, so, stop talking. And she kept going on and on. Finally, when she was finished telling me how hot the griddle was I said "Well, if she touches it, she'll learn," and everyone was sufficiently appalled. For once, I didn't care.

There were no other wives there, and standing around with my banshee child among a lot of tired and sweaty men is not my idea of a good time, so after twenty minutes of so, we decided to leave. The problem was, we were trapped in the parking lot until 7:30. It was 6:50 when I got in the car. Alas. Thankfully, that Sprout fell asleep and it was just me vs. a whole lot of stupid pedestrians. As I was trying to make my way back to the highway some guy WALKED OUT IN FRONT OF MY CAR! I nearly hit him. He did not seem to comprehend that walking in front of a moving vehicle is a mea culpa on his part. So, there I was slamming on brakes in the middle of an intersection all up and in amongst heavy traffic. Yay.

It took me a solid twenty minutes to travel less than 2 miles, but at close to 8 am, I made it to the highway. Half an hour later I was home, safe and sound and in bed. The rest of my day was more or less a blur, but I am happy to report that That Sprout was a model citizen throughout the haze.

1 comment:

  1. I bet they would have even been appalled if you had mentioned That Sprout and germs in the same sentence. Your immune system learns best the harsh way as well.

    As for people walking out in front of you, at least the guy didn't have a 5 year old in tow as it happened to me. Couldn't believe a parent could be so careless...

    ReplyDelete