Sunday, August 26, 2012

Book Club

This morning, I got up bright and early to pay my dues for the Community Club that I mentioned last week. I've decided to join because I found out they needed someone to organize their book club, and I instantly had visions of reading lists, discussion questions, and red pens. I spent over an hour in the car today just to take this woman $25 so as I could get started with the book club, but it was all good. The ride out to Hinesville was filled with the tunes of Elton John and me animatedly singing along to the tunes of Elton John. Who needs American Idol when you have a car? When I'm driving, I'm a rock star! My kid must hate me. After the long drive, the hand-off of the money took all of about 2 minutes and I am now in charge of the book club. I'm not sure if this is a good thing. My first inclination is to send out an email that says

"OK guys! We're going to be reading:

I would then tab down a ways and tell the reader that it was a joke and I that I would like to know what everyone actually wants to read. I don't think anyone would get the joke though. 

As you can see, I am still putting myself out there and trying to form relationships with people. Last night I went to a Mary Kay party. Long story short: Mary Kay might be my stay at home mom career. I will be doing some research and letting you all know more about that as I know myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment