Sunday, June 9, 2013

Waiting for Athena

Oh. My. God.

I think I'm dying.

I don't know if it's the ever present sinus issues or if it has something to do with the weight-loss pills, but I've been having these splitting headaches and they do not stop. It feels like Athena is going to burst forth from the top of my skull any minute now. I was thinking it could be hypoglycemia at first - not eating much and being pre-diabetic will do that to a person, but if that were the case eating would solve the problem. It does not. Takes the joy right out of decadent pleasures like strawberries and dark chocolate.

Then I thought it could be dehydration. I've read that to avoid dehydration headaches the pills require 100+ ounces of water every day. That has not been happening, so today I plan to drastically increase my water intake in hopes that it helps.

I cannot tell you how tired I am of feeling like dirt. It's really getting old. Odds are that this headache has something to do with the sinus issues which are ever present and ever changing. I finished the Z-Pac last night, so the headaches should soon vanish. The bright yellow mucus I've been blowing from my nose all morning indicates that something's working. But then there's this other thing . . .

Lately I've become convinced that I am leaking spinal or cerebral fluid out of my nose. Ever since my ears started to drain, I've been having this really watery, gross smelling discharge. It could just be the ear infection breaking up, or it could be spontaneous cerbrospinal fluid leak. Yay. You think I'm overreacting, but it's a real thing and it could be a real problem for me, having had meningitis, a spinal tap, and an epidural. One of the hallmark symptoms is a crazy bad headache. Hopefully, it's just sinuses.

Meanwhile, whatever it is - and whatever's causing my headache - needs to GO AWAY.

Or maybe I'm about to birth a goddess. The stuff draining from my shnozz
isn't spinal fluid - it's my water breaking. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment