Monday, September 17, 2012

A Moral Compass I Am Not

Not a good look. Source
j^C and I started watching Breaking Bad last night. He had been wanting to watch it for over a year now, but somehow we always wound up engrossed in some other TV show. After finishing the third season of Slings and Arrows on Saturday night (an event that left me in a puddle of emotions at the foot of the bed) we decided to finally watch the show about cooking meth. If you haven't seen it, it's pretty intense right from the start. There was a point in the second episode where Walt's wife is catching on to the fact that he's up to something. Then, this conversation happened:

j^C: "What would you say if I told you that I was thinking of starting a meth lab?"
Me: "Don't get caught."
j^C: "Some moral compass you are."

Needless to say, j^C was appalled. I don't know why though. He's not going to be cooking meth anytime soon. If he was already considering recreational chemestry, I can but assume that his morals had already gone out the window. At that point there would be little I could say to change the matter. I just wouldn't want to go down with the ship. If you know what you are about to do is wrong, but you're still going to do it anyway remember - Don't. Get. Caught. Uranium J's golden rule = words to live by.

If your significant other were considering getting into the drug game, what would you say? Am I a degenerate with no scruples? What is your personal golden rule?

Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting or promoting drug use, drug manufacturing, or general law breaking. If you are at all considering any of the preceding, I suggest you do a critical analysis of the film Scarface and then re-evaluate your position on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment