Monday, July 16, 2012

With Any Luck, the Hiatus is Over

I hear you all tittering out there. Source
It's been almost 2 weeks since I've written here. This makes me very sad, and I swear, it's not for lack of trying. I started a post about the TomKat split on the 5th, but I got a phone call that never seemed to end, then I had to pick up that Sprout, and then, and then, and then. And then my brain sort of short circuited and I started contemplating getting my nipples pierced and huge radioactive tattoos. Here we are 2 weeks later.

I've been trying in quiet desperation to get the house organized and decluttered, and it's slow going, let me tell you. There is a sink full - no - overflowing with dishes. There is no counter space because I'm in the process of reorganizing my cabinets. There's stuff - just random stuff - strewn in the floor from the kitchen, through the living room, and into my bedroom. Nothing has a place. My lack of organization and cleaning skills is appalling and exasperating. I want to live in a clean house, dammit. It is my hope that this week will see a drastic change in the state of affairs. j^C gets home in like 10 days. I've got to see some progress!

Part of the issue has been that I am useless for nearly 12 hours of the day. I got it in my head that I want to wake up at 4 am. So, I've been going to bed between 9 and 10. That seems like a more than adequate amount of sleep. Then I sleep until That Sprout wakes up, which is between 7 and 8. I've been getting between 9 and 12 hours of sleep a night on average. Then, I wake up and feel like human garbage. It's a struggle to get moving and an even bigger struggle to keep moving. Then, by 8 pm, all I want to do is lay in bed and watch The Andy Griffith Show. That's another story in and of itself.

Meanwhile, I've been working diligently with That Sprout on potty training. That means when she is home, she is running around in the buff and I'm watching her like a hawk to insure that she only pees a little in the floor. Saturday, she peed on me when I was holding her. The good part about that was that I immediately placed her on the toilet where she finished peeing. I'm counting that as a win. What's my point here? There's no house cleaning going on while That Sprout is home and awake. While I'm doing dishes or sorting canned food, she could be peeing in a corner, and we are not having that. No. No. No.

I've made a breakthrough though. I decided not to take my meds last night before I went to sleep. Lo and behold! I woke up of my own volition at 4 in the morning. I was shocked. Surely I wasn't fully rested. It was a trick. I laid in bed for an hour alternating between being very hot and very cold while tossing and turning and willing sleep to come. At 5, my clock radio went off, waking me with "Fated" by The Matthew Good Band. I need to really re-think my choice of songs to wake up to. Ballads about wanting to die might not be the best choice for starting one's day out on a positive note.

Since the alarm was going off, I got up, read my blog roll, and began this blog entry. I hope to find that this trend continues. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he lowered my dosage on the pill from 300 to 200. I think I could stand to go to 150 or 100. I'm feeling a lot better since being on it, but I'm also sleeping way too much and all I want to do is eat. All the things. I have gained like 10 pounds since being on it and I am way to close to 250 pounds for my comfort. This is most aggravating because despite my lack of energy, I worked out like 5 times last week.  At least OHI is kind of going well. I've decided to stop worrying about numbers. I am going to feel like a million bucks if I can run a 5K no matter how much I weigh when I do it.

As soon as That Sprout wakes up, I am going to go for a 3 mile walk with her. I've decided that I need to just move more. I plan to start my day with a walk/run (C25K). In the afternoons I am going to go to the gym for some more intense cardio and weights. I also figured out what my daily caloric intake needs to be, so I'll be doing a lot of diet math from now one. Oh boy. Math. My favorite.

So yeah. I'm back. Look forward to some interesting posts this week with a focus on happiness and introspection. By God, I am going to be a happier person if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment