Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Case of the Ick

Ick kills fish.
It just makes me fat and cranky.
Source
I went to bed last night at 9:30 with the best of intentions. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, tended to the dogs and hopped into bed - all the while thinking I would wake up at 5:30 and start my day bright eyed and bushy tailed. At 11:30 I awoke to barking and poop in the floor. I let the dogs out, cleaned up the poop, and went back to bed. I made sure to lock the dogs in their boxes this time. I didn't want to clean up anymore accidents if I could help it. 

At 3 am they decided they needed to go out again. This time, The Gator found her way out of the fence. I let Cody back inside and decided to let him roam the house for the rest of the night. I was confident he would wake me again if he needed to go out. At 4:30, I woke to hear incessant barking in the front yard. Molly was barking her fool head off at nothing in particular. I tried until a little after five to coax her back in the house, and then decided it was a lost cause. 

I went back to sleep only to be roused at 7 by That Sprout screaming "No! No! No!".  This is her new thing. She wakes up screaming "No!" until I come to let her out of her room. Strange, but cute. We snuggled for a while, took a bath, and then I went to Dunkin Donuts for a small iced coffee (no sugar, just milk) and an egg and steak croissant. Bad, I know. I am weak. I was tired. I didn't feel good, and I still don't. Meanwhile, The Gator is basking in the sun on the front lawn. She has not yet deigned to return to the comfort of the air conditioned house. I really don't understand that dog.

Today I am sleep deprived and over caffeinated which is not a good combination. It makes me feel pretty icky. As a result, very little has gotten done in the house. I am happy to report that I have located my FLYLady de-clutter baskets and I hope to put them to use in the kitchen later today. Meanwhile, I'm still finding pieces of broken glass on the floor from my sun tea catastrophe. What a disappointment. On the bright side, I decided to just make my own sun tea vessel. It won't have a tap, but those always leak anyway, so I will just be avoiding that disappointment. 

Right now, I am eating a bowl of cheesy oats and a diet Barq's under the assumption that it will make my stomach feel better. So far, my theory is correct. Ugh. If it ain't one thing, it's another.

No comments:

Post a Comment