Saturday, October 22, 2016

Touchdowns and Meltdowns

Today was UWF's Homecoming Football Game against Shorter University.

Let;s Go, Argos!

It was a slaughter. We beat them 30-0. It was sad, really. I had fun though. My face is as red as a lobster, but I had fun. I wish I could say that I forgot about The Boy Scout for a little while, but that would be a lie. I'm in full on writing mode right now and I spent most of the game, and if fact most of the day thinking about my story and trying to work out plot points. That's not to say that I wasn't present. I was. Sort of. I can be in two places at once, right?

After the game, Shelley and I went to McGuire's for a late lunch and I had an Irish Wake. I hadn't had one of those in years and if I'm being honest, that was about all I was interested in having. I ordered a Ruben and some bean soup, but none of that was interesting to me. I was all about the Irish Wake. It made me feel a little better considering that I am hacking up a lunch at the moment. I seem to have caught a cough from That Sprout. I'm not real thrilled about this development as NaNoWriMo comes bearing down on me, but what am I going to do? It is what it is.

After McGuire's Shelley and I came back to the hotel. She's been taking a nap and I've been doing some research for the novel. I decided that my character needed to steal some uranium 235 from the military (NAS Jax?), but that won't do because the only Naval things that are nuclear are aircraft carriers. Back to the drawing board on that one. However, I did discover that breeder reactors, the type that The Boy Scout was trying to make, are prone to exploding. This is useful, since I wanted to make a boom. The question now becomes "How big is the boom?"

I also need to think of some other reckless things for my character to do in the meantime, I need minor plot points. One thing that I really want to work in, and I don't know why - is the way that it feels the first time a girl touches a boy in a button front shirt and tie. Also, chloroform, because Mr. Hahn definitely made chloroform. It might be useful in his procuring the uranium.

Meanwhile, I am very tired and I am tired of coughing. I miss j^C, That Sprout, and The Beans. I will be very glad to be home tomorrow as much as I miss Pensacola and I was glad to be here this weekend. It's just not the same without them. I will be very happy to be back in Augusta with my little family, despite the fact that I hate Augusta. A lot. Like, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment