Monday, October 24, 2016

A Brief History Lesson

I have so much that I want to talk about, but it's all best kept under my hat for now. So instead . . .

I give you:

A BRIEF HISTORY LESSON!

On this day in 1966 the world gained The Velvet Underground's seminal debut album The Velvet Underground and Nico.

Proof of Lou Reed's genius. As if you needed one. (Source)

On this day in 1984 the world lost Edith Massey, AKA The Egg Lady.

Miss Edie, The Egg Lady (Source)
On this day in 2006 the world gained My Chemical Romance's album The Black Parade.

Will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned? (Source)

I can't believe it's been 10 years since The Black Parade came out. I can't believe it's been 50 years since The Velvet Underground and Nico either. Yet, somehow I can believe Edith Massey has been gone for 32 years. I guess music is timeless.

I haven't got a whole lot to say right now, but I've been trying to keep up with the blog leading up to NaNoWriMo. I don't know why really. I'm beginning to question whether or not I'll even post the thing on here at all. It seems like a foolhardy venture at this juncture.

I'm still waiting for my piece in Post Road Magazine to come out. Any day now. I wait with bated breath. They said it would be late October. Well, this is October and it's getting late. I'm getting anxious. I want to see my piece in black and white. I'm ready.

That's about all I have for today. Maybe I'll have something more compelling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment