Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Free For All! - HIV Here & Now

World AIDS Day fell on the same day as the end of NaNaWriMo (as it always does) and since for the first time ever I actually won I chose to bask in the glory of winning on my blog instead of writing about the fight to stop AIDS. Rest assured, I did spam the hell out of Facebook with pertinent AIDS Day related content as well as changing my profile picture and banner.

Not that any of that really matters but it made me feel like I was doing my part to ACT UP and FIGHT AIDS.

Earlier this year, I participated in another project that is much bigger and more worthwhile than my tiny yearly Facebook campaign. It's called the HIV Here & Now Poem-a-Day Countdown to 35 Years of AIDS on June 5, 2016. I submitted two poems to the project back in September which were published on the site and which I hope will also be published in the anthology that is forthcoming. You can read those poems here: September 15, 2015

If you or anyone you know is a poet, I highly encourage you to submit a poem to this project. They are always looking for poets and the organizer, Michael Broder, is a joy to work with. I promise you, if you are at all passionate about HIV/AIDS you should look at the poems on HIV Here & Now. You won't be disappointed.




No comments:

Post a Comment