Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Reflections #12

Where has my week gone? I'm not too sure. Wednesday night we went to trivia. We didn't win, but tonight is the last night of the season, so we could still win for the season. That would be pretty cool, but I can't tell you how happy I will be to finished with this weekly ritual.

I don't really even remember Thursday. I know that I went to therapy. That's it. That's all I've got.

Friday was busy. j^C and I drove to South Carolina in order to deliver That Sprout for a visit with her grandparents. We had a nice dinner with his mom, and then we went to watch Iron Man 3. I'm told that there's some great controversy about The Mandarin. I don't care. I liked the thing about The Mandarin, I really liked the movie, and I LOVE TONY STARK.

On Saturday we watched Pain and Gain and I laughed more or less the whole way through. I know it's a true story, and I'm sorry that people suffered and died, but as a movie I found it incredibly entertaining to watch these idiots do stupid things. Say what you want about Michael Bay, but the man can make a fun movie.

Sunday was another long drive to South Carolina in order to retrieve That Sprout.

Monday . . . was j^C's birthday! I had planned to go big with a cake, a card, some presents, and a tasty meal. That didn't happen. I had a doctor's appointment that morning and then I needed to gather some things at the store for his birthday dinner and by the time I got home I had very little time to get everything else together. We wound up having a tasty meal and some banana pudding. I think I'm going to seriously begin considering "Un-Birthdays", complete with cake, ice cream, cards, presents, decorations, and the whole nine yards. Why? Because things sneak up on me.

At least I didn't freak out about it. I'm really trying to embrace calm in my life. Yesterday was quite trying as I found out that there are some serious issues with my Teacher Ready courses (Money, Mentor, and Time Management). Long story short: I'm behind and getting further and further behind everyday. There's not a lot I can do about it though. All I can do is work on the things I can control and let the rest of it go, which is what I have been doing. I'll tell you this: It feels really good not being stressed out.

Yesterday was also the day that I began my weight loss paper trail that may or may not lead to weight loss surgery. This whole thing is a very hard thing for me. There's a lot of pride tied up in it, but if I try my absolute hardest for the next six months and still see no progress, then I'm ready and willing to throw in the towel and get the lap band. I am going to believe, however, that I can achieve some change in that time.

Can you tell that I've become a little bit more Zen?



No comments:

Post a Comment