Thursday, May 30, 2013

"I Love Things!" Thursdays - The One With Current Relevance

You will notice the relative simplicity of this list compared to previous ones. I am proud of this. I call it improvement. It's called recovery, people. Now, without further ado I give you:



1. Alanis Morrisette - The Couch

Why? Because it sort of sums up my feelings about therapy today. "I pay him $75 an hour. Sometimes it feels highway robbery and sometimes it's peanuts - I wish it could last a couple more hours." For real.

2. Mucinex DM Maximum Strength

Take that, mucus minions. Source.
It's a love born of necessity. I am so miserable with this sinus issue. My face hurts from all the congestion. I continue to be amazed by the amount of mucus that comes out of my head. It's kind of scary. I will be so very happy when I figure out what's going on to cause thus situation. Until then, my friend Mucinex DM Max is giving me some relief.

3. Blue Tylenol

I talk about this stuff like some people talk about crack. Source.
I discovered this stuff some time in 2004 and it has been my go to cold remedy ever since. I lovingly call it "blue stuff". Sadly, I've been a little wary of it after learning that my liver isn't working at optimal levels. I try not to take any sort of drugs nowadays unless it's needed, and I really don't like mixing things. Thankfully, I learned today that if I'm truly miserable I can take the blue stuff with the Mucinex. Better than Christmas, I tell you. Granted, I haven't taken any blue stuff yet, but it's nice to know that it probably won't do much damage if I do.

4. This Bromance 

Best Supporting Cast Member: Mark Ruffalo's Chest Hair. Source.
Oh, Avengers. I came to you only to see the wonder that is RDJ's Tony Stark. I was pretty much uninterested in any of the other characters - even The Hulk. Especially The Hulk. But then Black Widow schleps all the way to India to find him, and he turns out to be Mark Ruffalo - who was strangely not on my celeb radar until that moment. And then he develops this weird, science bromance with Tony Stark. It's adorable. I am in love. And then: The Chest Hair. Sealed the deal. Totally in love.

5. Ray Donovan

This, dear friends, is what we call "Serendipitous". Source.
I read about this show today while I was waiting for my appointment, and I was thrilled. I love Liev Schrieber So. Fucking. Much. He is BEAUTIFUL. He played Orson Welles. Did you see The Manchurian Candidate? Wolverine? And now he's going to be in a series? Yes. Yes. Yes. Regular doses of those intense eyes and that incredible jawline will cure what ails you. And he's playing a "Cochran-esque" Hollywood lawyer. This is what happens when worlds collide. Law drama meets celebrity culture meets Liev Schrieber. It's like someone went to Showtime and said "Can you make a show with all of Joyce's favorite things?". I can't wait. I know what I'll be watching when Hannibal's season ends. Thank God for the internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment