Monday, February 18, 2013

Waiting

I am tired of waiting.

I feel like I have been sitting in Purgatory for YEARS, and I am done. On the smallish end of things, I'm tired of waiting for TV Mania's album to finally be released. On the larger side, I'm tired of waiting on adulthood to dawn on me. I have many adult things: child, husband, car, college degree, debt, and a therapist. And yet, I have yet to fully feel like an adult. Maybe this is true for everyone. 

Somewhere in between the album releases and adulthood, there's this other thing I'm waiting for. I've waited patiently for quite a while, but it's yet to arrive. I'm sorry to be so cryptic about what it is, but I must keep it secret - keep it safe. But right now, more than anything else, I'm tired of waiting for it. I wish it would come already. Then I could get on with the rest of my life.

I am Gatsby waiting, watching - yearning after the green light at the end of Daisy's dock.

And no, it's not my period. This is all.


Are you waiting on anything at the moment? Do you feel like an adult? Let me know in the comments. I am interested to know if this feeling is universal.

No comments:

Post a Comment