Friday, June 29, 2012

The Return of the Friday Free For All!

Normally, I don't like to post recipes here, but I have been cooking a lot lately. As such, I have been eating fairly well. Today I ate like cabbages and kings.

My breakfast and lunch consisted of leftover Pulled BBQ Chicken and Asian Black Rice Salad. It was delish. I haven't got a whole lot to say, so I'm just going to share the recipes with you since this is the return of the FFFA and I can do what I please.

Uranium J's Black Rice Salad

2 cups Black Rice
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
Juice of 1 lime
2 tbsp Tamari
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
10 green onions
Fresh Cilantro to taste
1 cooked Sweet Potatoe
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the rice according to package directions. Allow to cook fully. Slice Peppers into small cubes. Chop onion and cilantro. Cube sweet potato. Mix wet ingredients in large bowl. Add Rice and Veggies. Toss to mix well. Add salt and pepper. Eat immediately or refrigerate.

Pulled BBQ Chicken

2-6 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
Favorite BBQ sauce
4 onions

Chop onions. Put in bottom of slow cooker. Add Chicken Breasts. Cover in BBQ Sauce. Cook on low until Chicken is fully cooked and pulls apart with a fork. Shred chicken. Turn off heat. Eat with more BBQ Sauce.

*If you cook the chicken too long (like overnight) it will become very dry and grainy. Not so good. I imagine if you started it in the morning and turned it off after work that it would be fine.

If you can't find the black rice, I bet wild or brown rice and it would work. Black rice, so I am told is a really good whole grain and it is sticky and sweet and good. It has kind of a purple color when cooked which is said to stain cookware. I suggest using stainless or nonstick pots to avoid this. I have no idea if it will stain my clear plastic bowl that I mixed everything up in, but once I've devoured all of it I will let you know.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment