Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm thinking of calling it quits

I have nothing to say today and I have been struggling for the better part of the last hour to get this entry written, so this is going to be short and sweet.

Have any of you heard this dreck "We Are Young" from the band Fun.? Am I the only one who is appalled by this garbage? See the lyrics.

Since when was it okay to beat on your woman or otherwise give her a scar because you are young? Now, perhaps this scar was a result of a night of drunken carousing. If so, then I guess the scar thing would be OK Though judging by the references to apologies and what not, I'm guessing this was a violence related scar, in which case I cannot understand why there's not rioting in the streets over this song. People get up in arms over rap songs depicting violence toward women, but it would seem that white hipster douchebags can beat on their women and that's copacetic. No foul. It's cool bro.

With this development and many other examples of societal de-evolution, I am ready to quit the human race. I don't like the road we're heading down. There are people tweeting "Who was Rodney King?", "The Titanic was real?" and "Who the fuck is Paul McCartney?" and I think it's time for me to move along.

Surely there are greener, more intelligent, less hypocritical pastures out there. They say the whole world hates America - I'll bet the whole universe hates Earth. I hope I'm not around when we finally make contact. I imagine it's going to be like The Day the Earth Stood Still except we aren't going to convince Klaatu and Gort that our civilization is worth sparing.

God said "On second thought, maybeI should'a given it all to the monkeys."
Maybe it's not too late.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment