Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Who Needs Sleep?

I have been suffering from a form of insomnia for a while now. It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I will wake up exactly 4 hours later.This is problematic to say the least.

My doctor prescribed me some sleeping pills, but he told me to try 600 mg of magnesium before bed first. I have done this for the past 2 nights and I must say that I am pleased with the results. 6 whole hours! I've also been listening to klezmer music while I'm falling asleep, and I think that's helping too. I don't know why.

The only downside to this is that I had a terrible dream about being run over by a runaway ferris wheel and woke up wide awake at 3:30 am. Still, I got 6 hours, so I'm not going to knock it. I got really tired around noon today and I never recovered, but maybe I will acclimate.

I ran a mile in 16:45 today. That felt good. I'm feeling really down about my weight and my health. That is lame. :-(

I am going to go take my magnesium and listen to my klezmer music. I need sleep.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment