Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday Reflections # 9 - James Lipton, Camp NaNoWriMo, and Anxiety


First things first, here we have Uranium J's answers to James Lipton's 10 Questions. Just in case I never make it on to Inside the Actor's Studio.

1.     What is your favorite word? Somnambulist
2.     What is your least favorite word? Ordinary
3.     What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music
4.     What turns you off? People who lack self awareness
5.     What is your favorite curse word? Cunt
6.     What sound or noise do you love? The drums at a football game.
7.     What sound or noise do you hate? The crackling in my ears when I sing too loud.
8.     What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Something involving music, people, or insects.
9.     What profession would you not like to do? Selling things.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "There was never any question."

things first, here we have Uranium J's answers to James Li

Now, about those other two things. I have been hard at work since Monday writing my piece for Camp NaNoWriMo, and I am currently a little more than 5,000 words in. Tres exciting. (I would love to know what's going on with the formatting today. Oh well, not going to worry about it.) I would be a lot happier and far more joyful about this writing process if it weren't for the fact that all of my Teacher Ready work is due on Friday and I haven't really had the inclination to work on it. 

Which brings us to the anxiety. I've been taking a few Xanax here and there to help me cope and I've been chipping away at the workload when I'm not writing my novel. I really hate this feeling that there are more things to do than time to do them in. I feel as though every time I blink, another week has passed and I haven't accomplished anything. Wouldn't it be lovely to have all the unimportant and mundane tasks in my life situated in such a way that they don't take up much of my time? Then I could focus on the interesting and important things more fully, like school and writing, and I could enjoy the fun things which at present don't seem to be taking up any space in my life at all. I suppose it's all a process. I just wish I could come to the place where my time is managed appropriately.

Alas. 

Off I go to work on school. Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment