Friday, May 11, 2012

Snap Out of It, Negative Nancy!


Misery may be my totem spirit. Source
Yeah, this hasn't been the happiest place to be lately, has it? I apologize. I'm known for many things, but my cheery outlook ain't one of em'. That being said, I'm going to make a real effort to be more positive. It's going to be hard and I am opposed to the difficult, but I've heard that overcoming obstacles builds character, so I'm willing to give it a go. Again.

There are good things - Yesterday I began to write about the life and times of Cecil, The Elusive Bavarian Snow Lizard. It's a children's story that I made up a long time ago when I thought I was going to move to Germany. Since I cannot think of anything else to write about I decided to work on fleshing out Cecil's story. It made more sense than sitting at the computer for hours staring at a blank page. Who knows, maybe it will be a children's book for adults, like Go the F*ck to SleepCecil, by the by, is a white Elusive Bavarian Snow Lizard with a blue neck fin. He stands 3 3/4 inches high and walks on his hind legs like a Basilisk lizard. He hates to fly, and as such, he is wintering in Munich while the rest of the Elusive Bavarian Snow Lizards have gone to Tahiti. He plans to become a ski instructor.

The diet routine has been going well. The gym thing is not coming so quickly as I hate to give up part of my Sprout free morning at the gym as they have childcare anyway. I need to ask the babysitter if I can start bringing her a little later. That way I can get the gym out of the way first thing. I did manage to work out on Tuesday, and I am still feeling it today. That's a good thing.

I am updating the blog, that's a positive. I've also been making it a point to listen to peppier music. That means lots of Lady Gaga. I think I've got a Spice Girls CD somewhere around here . . . damned if I know where. I'm listening the The Streets on YouTube. That's upbeat. Yeah.

I sound like I'm trying to convince myself, huh?

Really, there are things for me to be happy about. Thankful for. I applied for a job yesterday, which if I get it will be a pretty good gig. It's 20 hours a week but the listed salary is $24,000 - $25,000 a year. That's pretty good. It would relieve some of the pressure I am feeling, that's for sure. Maybe then I would have some inspiration to write about something other than little blue and white lizards. Additionally, I won't have to do English Major math to figure out how to pay for certain things (Alice Cooper tickets, dance lessons, baby showers, personal organizers).

As for that Sprout - where can I begin? She's growing like a weed! She's into everything which is vexing, but it's really good as well because that means she's curious. She is a baby on the move, so when she's not exploring everything (including the top of the stove and the knife drawer) she's just moving her little body. She has become quite the little jitter-bug as of late. Whenever she hears any music either on the radio or TV she's bustin' a move. It's the best. It might just be my favorite thing about her right now. I cannot wait until next fall when she can start Creative Movement classes. Lately, she's become stingy with her hugs and kisses and "No!" is her favorite word. I think that's probably a good thing. I wouldn't want her to be indiscriminate with her love. 

She's a little parrot as of the moment, which means the end of Mommy and Daddy's life of swearing with reckless abandonment is imminent. I'm sure that is as it should be. I swear more than anyone I know. I think it's a wearing the ovaries on the outside thing. Kind of like my drinking habits. "I will drink and cus any man here under the table. Bring it." Not exactly a good trait in a parent. The drinking I've found was far easier to kick than the swearing. Although, for the past couple of days I've been eyeballing the Tanqueray with the thought of killing the bottle. Straight. See, I do have self control!

One last thing that made me happy this week: Netflix has a KidzBop dance video. So, I AM going to learn to dance to "Telephone" by Beyonce and Lady Gaga. If a bunch of 10 year olds can't teach me how to dance, there may be no hope for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am posting this even without finishing the entire blog, but Cecil the Snow Lizard?? I've been wanting to get a pet gecko and *specifically* name him Cecil. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete